Diet and physical activity
Researching how diet, physical activity and maintaining a healthy weight can help people lead better lives and improve their wellbeing.
Researching how to improve mental health in society by developing new treatments, improving treatment safety and enhancing research access and participation.
Researching respiratory disease to reduce its impact on the healthcare system and improve patient outcomes, with a focus on under-served groups.
Surgical and orthopaedic innovation
Developing novel surgical and orthopaedic devices and procedures, improving patient care and outcomes, creating patient-centred, transparent systems for surgical innovation.
- Novel surgical and orthopaedic techniques and devices
- Interventions to improve patient outcomes after surgery
- Innovative translational research methods
Translational data science
Using large-scale genetic and other molecular data and electronic health record infrastructure to transform health.
- Large, complex datasets
- Clinical informatics platforms
- Omics for prediction and prognosis
- Genetic evidence to prioritise intervention